Resource Directory for Finding Housing
- Housing, Shelter, Rental Subsidies, and Emergency Resources- These organizations provide temporary and emergency housing assistance. For general housing referrals and services, call 2-1-1.
- Legal, Financial, and Housing Rights Services- These organizations provide information and support to individuals who have faced unlawful discrimination in housing, or residents who need assistance with other legal and financial problems such as eviction.
- Public Housing Authorities- Public Housing Authorities manage affordable housing developments and are responsible for administering Section 8 programs. If your city is not listed here, contact the county Housing Authority.
- Non-Profit Housing Developers- These organizations construct and manage affordable housing and provide services in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- Non-Profit Housing & Services Providers- These community-based organizations provide transitional housing, mental and physical health services, and other family supports.
- Private Market Rental/Real Estate Listings in Oakland
Guidebooks for finding housing
- 2011-2012 Affordable Housing Guidebook by the East Bay Housing Organization- a resource for advocates, developers, policymakers, people seeking housing, and anyone looking to learn more about affordable housing in the East Bay.
- 2011 Senior Housing Guide- English
- 2010 Senior Housing Guide- Spanish
- 2010 Senior Housing Guide- Chinese
Know Your Rights
- Foreclosure and Eviction for Homeowners and Tenants (City of Oakland)
- Rent Adjustment (City of Oakland)
- Housing Repair and Rehab Programs (Oakland)
- Affordable Housing Loans and Grants
- Homebuyer Loan and Grant Programs